explorer patch

emvogia

Registered
I face a problem with Internet Explorer 5.0 which asks for a patch in order to give me a certificate. Please give me information -whenever you got time- on how or from where to download the upgrade file or package. Many thanks in advance

Internet Explorer was discontinued a while ago. There _have_ been updates available at some point for this problem, but I guess Microsoft has taken them down when they ended official support.
The only thing you _can_ do is to switch to one of the other - much better! - browsers for the Mac: Safari, Firefox, OmniWeb etc. Which OS version are you using?

I face a problem with Internet Explorer 5.0 which asks for a patch in order to give me a certificate. Please give me information -whenever you got time- on how or from where to download the upgrade file or package. Many thanks in advance
Internet Explorer 5.0? The most recent version of Internet Explorer for MacOS 9 is IE 5.1.7. For MacOS X, it is IE 5.2.3. However, even the latter cannot handle many of today's webpages. fryke's advice is good. You would be well-advised to take it.

Internet Explorer was discontinued a while ago. There _have_ been updates available at some point for this problem, but I guess Microsoft has taken them down when they ended official support.
The only thing you _can_ do is to switch to one of the other - much better! - browsers for the Mac: Safari, Firefox, OmniWeb etc. Which OS version are you using?

thank you both for your immediate reply and your interest

Internet Explorer 5.0? The most recent version of Internet Explorer for MacOS 9 is IE 5.1.7. For MacOS X, it is IE 5.2.3. However, even the latter cannot handle many of today's webpages. fryke's advice is good. You would be well-advised to take it.

where from can I download the one you mentioned for my system?
"For MacOS X, it is IE 5.2.3"

Back