Exporting Imovie to Camcorder

music65

Registered
I currently use iMovie 5.0.2 in OS 10.3.9. I have a 1 Ghz iMac G4 with 768 MB of memory.

I have had problems sending the iMovie video to iDVD, so to meet the deadline of showing the video at a dinner (which was supposed to be this past Tues., but now has been rescheduled to Tues., 11/15/05 due to a tornado that hit our area), I decided to export to my camcorder. I have never had problems exporting to the camcorder before, but this is the first in version 5.0.2.

The file for the iMovie reads around 5.8 GB. It has a combination of still photos and video.

At first the the picture would be choppy or freeze near the beginning of the video while the sound would keep going. I have tried clearing memory space (36 GB free). No luck.

I tried exporting (sharing) to Full Quality DV Quicktime and imported back to a new iMovie. (That file reads 9.5 GB). It looked like that might work, but about 2/3 of the way through the video, the picture froze on the camera while the audio continued.

I tried sending the Quicktime movie to iDVD again, but every time I do that, as with the original iMovie file, I end up with an error in burning after waiting through the entire process.

I am now stumped. I feel like the video is trapped in my computer. With a Tuesday deadline, I envision having to load the entire iMac in my car and hooking it up to a TV at the dinner. (This doesn't bode well since I try to convince others that Macs are the way to go.)

Any help would be appreciated. This is a video scrapbook for 80 students in a marching band. Any idea to make this presentable to a crowd of people would help. I can deal with the iDVD issues after the dinner is over.

Thanks!

Back