Exposé Madness!!!

Still on Jaguar here ... so for now no confusion. ;) I just had to admire it in its full glory! :D

Has anybody tried Expose on thier an old G4 without Quartz Extreme support? I'm sure my PowerBook can do that... but how is the resizing transition of all the windows going to look? Smooth, or choppy?

LOL, gotta love it! :) I imagine it might make finding the window you want difficult if it has small text or something, though, unless you switch to that program and use the F10 key instead of F9.

adambyte said:
Has anybody tried Expose on thier an old G4 without Quartz Extreme support? I'm sure my PowerBook can do that... but how is the resizing transition of all the windows going to look? Smooth, or choppy?
I turned off Quartz Extreme with the Panther developer tools and tried Exposé... It does the transition fairly choppy (in about three-five frames).

Ditto...just did it on a Rev. C iMac (266Mhz)...very choppy, it's like, 2 frames. One frame, the windows are fine, 2nd frame, they're expose-ed. But, it works.

<----- iMac DV+ G3

I was impresed for what my little thing can do

(the more you do it consecutively the better it gets :p)

I wonder why they didn't decide to make Expose hide the Dock as well whenever you hit the F11 key to show the Desktop...

When I get my usual kludge of windows up again, I'll post a pic. I had to reboot last night before work, so it'll take a day or two for me to get to my usual state. ;)

So in other words, Expose does exactly what Windowshade X does? What's the difference between the two of them?

In WindowshadeX, the "collapsing" or "minimize in place" thing is much more permanent, and on a window-by-window basis. In Panther, though, this is a temporary state where everywindow is made a "thumbnail," from which you can choose a window.

It has to be seen to be understood. Might want to check out the demo quicktime movie at http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/expose/

or, go into your local Apple store and have them show you.

Either way, this feature is freakin' priceless, and above and beyond what Windowshade does/ used to do.

Back