Extension To Kill White Backgrounds In Safari

Curiosity

Registered
Is there any Safari extension or add-on of any kind that can dim down white backgrounds on web pages? They bother my eyes and I have never managed to find such a thing for Safari. I have had to create a content stylesheet to re-theme all pages, and that does not always work well. Why is it that the text colour is harder to change than the background?

Why is it that the text colour is harder to change than the background?

But your title question is changing the background color from white to whatever...

I remember when we use to be able to select the size of the type on the page. All we have now is zoom in and zoom out.

"But your title question is changing the background color from white to whatever..."

If I change a dark page to a light page, I need to be able to change light text to dark text, but that is harder to do. By re-theming every page, I sometimes re-theme dark pages, which are not a problem, but the content stylesheet does not discriminate.

I know that changing the settings in Accessibility Panel in System Preferences will change the entire system, but I wonder if there is a setting in there that can help you.

I know that changing the settings in Accessibility Panel in System Preferences will change the entire system, but I wonder if there is a setting in there that can help you.
You can invert the colours of the Mac interface, but that is not going to affect web pages, and it makes pictures look like photo negatives. If it did affect web pages, then black pages would turn white. That will not help. What I need is something that can examine the backgrounds of the elements in a web page and if they are lighter than a threshold value, then they would be re-themed or dimmed.

Back