Extra modifications to dock

peanutbutter

Registered
Hello-

I'm not certain this is the place to post this, but here goes anyway... I'm running Panther 10.3.5 and I've seen some screenshots of people's Mac OS X desktops where the dock is completely transparent and has extra dividers, etc. Any recommendations for easy, free programs that can make alterations like this? I'm NOT comfortable with hacking the computer/doing a lot of dirty work. I've already tried TransparentDock, and it refused to make changes even after I entered an admin username and password.

Well, thank you in advance for any advice.

TransparentDock is the easiest way to change the dock's appearance. If this didn't work then something went wrong: did it give an error message? What happenned?

Both ClearDock and Transparant Dock will alter the Dock's background and other features. TransparantDock allows for quite a bit more...invisible files, quit in contextual menu &c.

There are some dock separators available at VT, but I like to make my own.
In most any graphics programs you can create a jpg 'icon' consisting of a single black pixel. This icon can be pasted onto any folder (rite side of dock) or application (left side of doc). This will, in effect, create an empty space in the dock around which other icon can be organized. I generally assign these 'blanks' to 'helper' applications like TextEdit or Preview that I never open directly and don't want taking up space in the dock.

ttfn dirtbagg

Back