eyehome displays gret boxes not photos

RicDenman

Registered
Hello

I have just upgraded to OS-X 10.4.4. and also upgraded from iLife'05 to '06.

Last night I discovered that my eyeHome is no longer displaying my iPhoto photographs on my TV.

When I go into the photo menu on eyehome I see a menu item for my iPhoto Libraries (iPhoto sildeshow / folders etc) but when I click on them the photographs just come up as grey boxes with no thumbnails displayed. If I then do a 'play all' on the grey boxes nothing comes up on the screen other than an occasional codec not supported message.

I had a look through a few websites / forums and it seemed some others have experienced a similar problem in 2004/5 - however iLife'06 would have clearly not been a problem then. The forum threads talk about something to do with the AlbumData.xml folder being corrupted, and or the use of iPhoto keywords including the char '&' corrupting the xml, so I deleted my iPhoto Library and reimported all the photos, had no keywords set - but got the same problem.

My Photo Booth photos display fine via eyeHome its just my iPhoto photos that are the problem.

Any ideas what is causing this. Hopefully it is not a simple mater that eyehome is fundamentally not compatible with iLife'06.....

Richard

Back