Fan At Full Speed While In Sleep.

ZOrsulak

Registered
This problem pertains to a Powerbook G4 with OSX 10.3.9
For a little while now I've had only the option of leaving my computer on or completely shutting it off. Every time I enter sleep mode (through any method) the screen turns off, the pulsing light comes on and everything seems to be working as normal. Immediately after sleep is entered however, the fan in the powerbook begins to run at full speed and continues to do so until awoken from sleep. At that point it returns to normal and the fan is no longer audible. The problem first came to my attention after receiving my powerbook BACK from apple after having a faulty display replaced. This was a few months ago, and while I probably should've brought the problem to apple's attention...school and travel requirements seemed to take priority. I'd call now, but I think it improbably that apple would accept responsibility. I've since tried a variety of suggestions to fix the problem, such as macjanitor software, control+option+p+r, running the hardware problem cd included with my powerbook, installing all updates, and finally reinstalling MacOS. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I haven't been able to find other people online who have had a similar problem. If you need further information, please feel free to ask. I'm also available on both AIM and by phone if it'd be easier. (Request contact info.) Again, thanks in advance.

Hi

I think I have a similar problem, when my PB (G4,1.5ghz, with 10.4.2) goes into sleep the fan again comes on, maybe not at full tilt but certainly enough to be both audible and annoying. I've no idea what to do about it save for unplugging the mains supply which seems to make the fan quieten down. I suspect its also a really good way of shortening by battery life.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Wicksta

Back