Fast SFTP Program?

Registered
I'm using Transmit.. but it's dog slow compared to Cuteftp on my PC.. or even using sftp or ncftp in terminal. It takes way longer to switch directories and to initiate a file transfer. Are there any other programs I should try?

It's a tough journey to find comparable software on Mac... :p Took me a while to find a good IRC program!

RBrowser Lite or one of the paid versions of Rbrowser might just be what you are looking for. They come from Rbrowser.com. I own the full version that cost IIRC $49.95 USD. I know that the amount sounds like a lot, but instead of having several different FTP programs around, one to load my website, one to upgrade my NetGear router, one for secure transfers, you get the idea. I really like having only 1 program to master that handles everything I need in an FTP client. I would not even place Interarchy in the same class of product. BTW, I am a former paid owner of Anarchie, I just think that they took the program in the wrong direction. HTH.

Regards,

Albert

There's also Fugu, it's a free front-end to the included sftp. Check verstiontracker for that one...

i'll have to agree with scruff ... Fugu is da bomb ... plus it's free!! it also does SSH and tunneling as well =)

Back