fast user Switching

We're way off topic people.

I have my iTunes set up with the entire library in /Users/Shared/Music, including the iTunes Music folder with the iTunes music library. And then I set my iTunes > Advanced settings as this : iTunes Music Folder Location - iMac:Users:Shared:Music ; And I checked both "Keep iTunes Music Folder Organized" and "Copy Files to iTunes Music Folder" or something like that.

Mr. K,

When you set the iTMS "Music" folder into the root/users/shared folder, did you just copy it there? I lost 7gig's of music when I did that once. So what I did this time is used the Finder's "duplicate" command and then moved the folder into the root/users/shared folder.

Should I go ahead and switch the advanced settings in iTunes over to the shared music folder and delete the current one?

Thx

speedraycer said:
My PowerBook freezes once the new user logs in. Any ideas on why this happens and how to fix it?
Well, does it freeze when you simply log in to that screen name instead of FUS'ing to it?

Arden said:
Well, does it freeze when you simply log in to that screen name instead of FUS'ing to it?

It is fine while logging in via the users screen at startup or logout. It will freeze while FUS'ing from my (Admin) account to my girlfriends (non-Admin) account. If I startup using her account, it will freeze FUS'ing into my account.

10.3.2 via upgrade CD and software update.

Did not do a clean install for lack of experience and the fact I have not backuped my home/app's folders into my iMac 800 G4.

BTW- PBG4/800/512

Some people had problems with 10.3.2 and user fonts. Try moving all fonts located in /Users/USERNAME/Library/Fonts to a safe place. (For all users, not just the one not working fine.)

fryke said:
Some people had problems with 10.3.2 and user fonts. Try moving all fonts located in /Users/USERNAME/Library/Fonts to a safe place. (For all users, not just the one not working fine.)

i put the fonts in my library into the shared folder. i will try again.

james

Back