Fatal Problem

KirkF22

Registered
So my sister left for college and wouldnt tell us the password to her mac. So i started tinkering with it to try to get into it. I rebooted the mac and found that my keyboard and mouse wouldnt work. Nothing bluetooth or USB related would. The keyboard would only works when i first boot it up and press command s. But when i get to the black screen with white words, i cant type again. So my computer cant do anything now. I have no idea what to do. Please help.

Serves you right. You shouldn't mess with the computer of another. Your sister didn't want you to get in (she refused to tell the password) so now you are locked out.
Do not expect help from me or anybody else ...

Serves you right. You shouldn't mess with the computer of another. Your sister didn't want you to get in (she refused to tell the password) so now you are locked out.
Do not expect help from me or anybody else ...

My parents told me to get it. They have been having problems with my sister, and she refused to tell any of us the password. So my parents told me to get into it.

Well no thanks to YOU "MR NERVUS" i resolved the problem. I forced shut down the mac and rebooted it while holding "C". This made the mac boot from the install disk i had in the mac. From there my usb moused worked and am not currently restarting the whole mac.

Good for you that you could crack your problem.
But what you did, was violating the privacy of your sister. Even if your parents "authorized" you to it, this is still wrong.
To put things in perspective: I am father of 3 (now adult and living on their own) children. I would never, ever have done things like reading their diaries, checking their PC's or anything like that. And to be clear: I have had some heavy problems with one of them.
If your sister is going to college, she must be at least adolescent, so let her do her own business. Have you considered what this means for your own privacy? Are you prepared to tell your parents everything? Well I never did to mine, although I was a "nice boy" at that stage.

All the best
nervus

It is not her computer its my parents. And she is a Junior in college. My parent shad every right to tell me to get into it. And we were not trying to get in to read her diaries and stuff. It was so we could create more accounts so we could all use it when we moved it to our beach house.

OK. You started to state: her mac. If she locked your parents computer then it is another case.
Maybe you should make a few separate users on your mac: one as administrator that can "rule" it and a few more for the rest of the family. All with their own separate passwords. That way only the admin can lock the mac but each user can have his/hers own privacy. Tips how to do this can be found in the mac manual, at the apple website and of course here.

Back