Fav. Christmas song...

Alex

Registered
Whats everyone's fav. Christmas song... not a Christmas type, then whats your fav winter song... I don't know....

Mine is :

The Wexford Carol

I only know about it from The Irish Tenors holiday cd... maybe they are the only ones to sing it.. I don't know, but I like it...

One of my favorites is The Drifters version of White Christmas. Mostly because I like singing it.:p

You might remember it in Home Alone right before Kevin put on the after shave.:D

i think i would have to go with the ones by the Boss, john lennon and the kinks. i forget the names right now but i'll probaly hear them on the radio soon and then know. or somebody else will post them for me. :D

actually i know the kinks - Father Christmas

hey, jingle bell rock is always fun too. :)

Humm ...

All I Want For Christmas Is You - Vince Vance and the Velance
OR
Zat You Santa Claus - Garth Brooks
OR
Mary Christmas From The Family - Dixie Chicks

Mmm good stuff.

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation Theme is a good one too.

Twister

My favs: I'm Gettin Nuttin' For Christmas by Jimmy Boyd

and Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas by anyone and everyone that sings it.

Ed: John Lennon had a Christmas song out called So This is Christmas that might be the one you were thinking of.

Oh, and we mustn't forget my mentor's Christmas tune: Santa Baby by Madonna (of course) :D

yeah, it's so this is christmas...have it in itunes, one of my fav lennon songs...

and what the hay...my fav christmas song...well, behind handel's messiah, that is.

OH...the one really popular Springsteen song for Christmas was called Merry Christmas, Baby, but he's done some others like Santa Claus in Coming to Town :)

Barenaked Ladies and Sarah McLauchlan do a fantastic job of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" (with a little "We three Kings" mixed in). Definitely very good stuff.

thanks mystique and b3s - tha's the lennon song alright. and Santa Claus in Coming to Town is the springsteen song i like.

of course when i was a kid, my favorites were

i saw mommy kissing santa claus
and
all i want for christmas is my two front teeth.

:D

since the holiday season is fast upon us ill post a few christmas tunes
The Charlie Brown Christmas CD -awesome stuff
anything by Manheim Steamroller - there just sweet
Emerson, Lake and Palmer "I believe in Father Christmas"
"Let it Snow" Boyz 2 Men
Barry Manilow "Silent Night/Guess There Ain't No Santa Claus"
Frank Sinatra "The Little Drummer Boy"

ok i love christmas/holiday music as you can see :) :cool: :D

I guess I'm still a little kid, but one of the most beautiful Christmas songs I know is Once Upon A December from Disney's Anastasia :D

All I want for Christmas is a hippopatamus

I don't know who sings it. It was on a goofy christmas album i have with funny yet corny songs.

I like the merry christmas album by the King's Singers with Iri te Kanawa (sp?). Very good and funny.

But "Microsoft Christmas spoof" by Weird Al is also very nice ... :D

Back