Favorite Movie of all Time?

You know, that is a very hard question to answer. I guess I really don't know because a movie is my favorite depending on the mood I'm in at the time. Now if I had to choose 10 movies to take with me to a deserted island... this would be my choices based on my mood today (in alphabetical order):

A Beautiful Mind
Bicentennial Man
Citizen Cane
Lawrence of Arabia
Mystery Men
North by Northwest
People Will Talk
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Rope
The Hudsucker Proxy

By tomorrow I'm sure I would have substitutions for some of those.:D

ok, a few of my favorites in no particular order

Blade Runner
Altered States
Lord of the Rings
The Matrix
Die Hard (all of them)
The Terminator
The Grateful Dead Movie
Barbarella

ed, is that lord of the rings the old animated version or the new one? :) much prefer the new one myself ...

so here's some of mine in no particular order as of today's mood:

star wars trilogy and prequel(s)
lord of the rings (the new trilogy, assuming the other two are as good as the fellowship... :))
trainspotting
pulp fiction
casablanca
indiana jones trilogy
american graffiti
matrix
rumblefish
it's a wonderful world
virtually any hitchcock
yellow submarine
pirates of silicon valley *lol* :D

... and quite a few more i can't remember at the moment ... :)

not to be picky but I think she said "movie" not "movies" :p

well -- it's kinda hard to pick, but I I have to with the original (tom cruise version) of mission impossible -- that movie had it all!

btw -- is it me or does it seem that mindy just woke up from a long cyber hybernation ? :p

well admiral, you are too good if you can narrow your field to just one. sooo many good movies. i am sure iforgot one. but if i really had to pick just one - Altered States.

sithius - i was thinking of the new LOTR but the old animated version was pretty good too. Which reminds me that i should add "Heavy Metal" to my list. i have seen that one at least a half dozen times and i always love it!!!

indiana jones series is a good choice as well:)

I will expand on my liste (but M:I is still number one)

1) Starship troopers
2) M:I 2
3) Dracula 2000 (oh the memories with that movie)
4) The JP series
5) The Matrix

Admiral

Originally posted by AdmiralAK
btw -- is it me or does it seem that mindy just woke up from a long cyber hybernation ? :p

Actually I've been living in a small town in Venezuela and my Mac broke....and being so small there wasn't anywhere to get it fixed. I'm now back in the States and have gotten my Mac fixed so here I am!

welcome back mindy!! although i bet venezuela was niiiice!!!
so when do we get your favorite(s)??

testuser - the gods must be crazy - lol. that is a good one!!!

ok, today's mood expands to include

ferngully
labrynth (w/david bowie)
most Chevy Chase movies

This is exactly what I mean, I would love to add some of these now (at least to my collection). There are so many films that I have only seen in the theatre like The God's Must Be Crazy and Beautiful Life (I saw the subtitled version before word about it got out... talking about a sucker punch in the middle of what seemed like a light, fun hearted movie... WOW!).

And speaking of David Bowie, the Man Who Fell to Earth was quite good also.

mindy at some point you ought to tell us about all the exotic foods you had there (mmmm fooood) ---

I saw La vita è bella too (beautiful life) and I liked it -- benini is just a wacky guy he he

I want to see the pact of the wolves (one nice this about comprehending -- at least a little foreign languages) is that you dont need subtitles (that much :p) ---

this movie looks to be really nice :)

Admiral

How could I have forgotten all the Pixar movies!

And the best part of them is getting to see the Pixar Shorts at the beginning of all their movies. I love for the Birds at the beginning of Monsters, Inc., it is great! I wish they would let us have the complete short at their web site, but the little we can get is still great. :D

Attachments

• pixar-birds.jpg
    pixar-birds.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 9
But my top 5 in no particular order:

Hallowe'en
This Is Spinal Tap
The Evil Dead
Casablanca
Memento

Back