Favorite music??

edX

mac shaman
and just to round out the favorites lists, how about everyone's favorite recording artists or composers. mention specific songs if you like but it's not required:p

some of mine:

Grateful Dead
Jimmy Buffett
Jimi Hendrix
Billy Joel
Elton John
Bob Seger
Judas Priest
Fleetwood Mac
Foghat
John Tesh
Kansas
Jazz in general

Mozart's Requiem Mass, Brian Eno's Music for Airports, Stomu Yamashta's theme for Tempest, the works of Vangelis (specially those including Irene Papas), Bartok's Music for Strings, Percussion and Celesta (though Concerto for Orchestra was very impressive live), Ravel's Le Tombeau de Couperin, and Khachaturian's Gayane Ballet Suite.

On the lighter side (so my wife won't kill me :) ) Depeche Mode, Elivis Costello, Maddness, 3 Minute Hero, Seal, the Smiths and Elliott Smith (I would mainly classify those a driving music).

Don't laugh: I'm guilty of still listening to 80s music on a local radio station that has more retro tunes. My husband thinks it's quite hilarious!

It may sounds crazy but I have received the best points at the dactyloschool and I won't continue, because I have signed for studying at the university interactive multimedia and the context of informatics. My favorite artist is Samantha Fox and I prefer her instead of typing. I know my English is really bad.

Good lord if I answer this question in complete form this thread will be pages long :eek: -- so I will limit myself:

Alizee
Madison Ave
Nek
rammstein
DJ RPM
DJ Visage
DJ Quicksilver
Scooter
Modern Talking
Antique
D-Bomb
Anastacia
Gorillaz
Darude
Dario G
Safri Duo
Boney M
Bluemchen
Prezioso
Tamperer

man did I mention enough ??? just take a look at my excel sheet with all the music I have and you will see what I like he he

Admiral

Dj. Daggi
Hypetraxx
Sylver
Blank & Jones
Gouryella
Jarre
Enya
Angy Dee + other types of Goliath/DarkTrance music

Cake
Metallica
Pearl Jam (the older stuff)
Weezer
Enya
Soundgarden
Rage Against the Machine
Smashing Pumpkins

I pretty much like anything ...

I listen to almost any type of music except country. There's not too many bands I would call my favorite though - mostly its a song by song basis. Here's a select few:

Pink Floyd
Radiohead
Chemical Brothers

and so RacerX doesn't feel alone in his love of classical, my favorite classical composer is Elgar.

Herve is a musician too :D

hey julguribye, has Gouryella made anything new recently ? They/he/she seems to have dropped off the map.

I like Blank and Hones as well (nightclubbing)

Two unmentioned ones:
GIGI D' AGOSTINO ---> THIS GUY ROCKS! :D
Phats and Small

I like country music, especially in the summer :) . Nothing like the free, outdoors feeling you get driving on I-10 in West Texas, top-down, listening to some good Alan Jackson or some such. I wish I could do that some time, but I would need to drive about 8 hours and get a convertible.

I do like country music, especially with the banjo in it :D. Being from Texas that is not so unexpected though, is it. I like it because it is so much more light-hearted than most other kinds of musica. Of course, I often turn on alternative radio, and my favorite would probably be Weezer (Island in the Sun and Photograph because they remind me of Hawaii).

Originally posted by AdmiralAK

Bluemchen
Wow, I didn't knew Bluemchen is known outside of Germany. Except maybe in the film with Silvester Stalone, where she has a minor role. :p

My favorite Music is:
Nine Inch Nails
Front Line Assembly
Garbage
White Zombie

I found bluemchen accidentaly online and then I just liked her (and her music :p) so I became a fan :p

I listen to some german music -- dont have any recomendations so I go on blind faith :p

what movie was bluemchen in ?

I havent seen driven :p
It doesnt look too appealing in terms of a plot.

I wonder what jasmin is doing now that she is out of the music industry -- last I heard she was moving on doing something different although havent heard of anything with her in it.

Have the fantastischen 4 come out with anything new ? any good german (or french music) that anyone would recommend ?

Admiral

Meat Beat Manifesto, Coil, Matmos, Autechre, Squarepusher, Underworld, cEvin Key, Future Sound of London, Aphex Twin, Bjork, Beastie Boys, Das EFX, Snoop Dogg, Front 242, Gorillaz, Garbage, Ladytron, Lamb, Juno Reactor, Massive Attack, Tricky, Moby, Nine Inch Nails, Modest Mouse, PJ Harvey, Portishead, Radiohead, Primal Scream, Talvin Singh, Throbbing Gristle, Ministry.

Coil makes me weak in the knees. More diverse, prolific, and intense musicians I've never heard. Autechre's current stuff is good for a nice sonic blast of dissonance, older stuff is more accessible.

Back