Fax cover page doesn't transmit

TuckerdogAVL

Registered
Anyone have any idea as to how to get the "Fax cover sheet" option to work? I can send/receive faxes, have chosen "use cover page" when doing the FAX PDF, can send the fax, but only the pdf goes through. No cover page.

Under "print and fax" there's nothing there except phone number, rings, etc.
Under "Set up fax modem" there's a popup window that basically tells you you have a printer and an internal modem. And there's "installable options" that has never shown anything for eight years and three systems.

And, of course, my FAX PRINTER model name doesn't exist. Should that be set at generic? (It does work, however, with nothing selected, unless, this is tied into the cover sheet dilemma which means it doesn't work. :)

However, I could change the "FAX NAME" and "LOCATION?" Would that help in terms of the cover sheet?

I am having the exact same problem - the fax cover page worked fine the last couple of months - but about 2 weeks ago it starting not transmitting the fax cover sheet - it is that way on both of our macs and on all the programs - please, any help would be appreciated

i am also on 10.4.11........... gosh - I hope someone knows how to solve this problem.... i sure would hate to have to go back to the old way.

Guess you could always just save a fax cover on the desktop fill it out and attach to the new doc, but that's a little tedious.

that's what I'm doing now :eek:) - or i make my document a pdf - and I have a old cover page the way we used to do it - save that as a pdf and combine them in acrobat reader then send the fax - what a pain!!!!!!!!

There was another post in here and she said "My fax cover page in tiger has disappeared. When I try to fax something, I hit File then Print. Under Presets there is a menu where I have Standards selected. There is a menu under that beginning with Copies and Pages, which includes a fax cover page. When I hit PDF then Fax PDF, my preset Copies and Pages changes to Item 1. There are no other options beside Item 1. The fax cover page has disappeared. It worked the very first time that I faxed something but not since. Do you have a fix for this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!"

Please somebody help up......

The same thing is happening to me and I called Mac help today and they have no idea what's going on, however, they'll get back to me in several days. The man I talked to today at Apple Care said my fax cover sheet was different from his and mine should have printer options over the TO: on the cover sheet and mine doesn't, but his did have that option. So it appears I'm missing something critical on my Fax Cover Sheet Form.

Yes, please post back whenever they get back to you on the fax cover page not working - really starting to be a pain. I'm working on 10.4.11

Latest from Apple Care people: They can't help. Will have to wait for the engineers to fix the problem, maybe in the next update. It definitely is a 10.4.11 problem. The man did suggest that I post and add to others on Apple Threads. Would like to have better news, but it appears to be a waiting game till they fix the problem.

that's what I'm doing now ) - or i make my document a pdf - and I have a old cover page the way we used to do it - save that as a pdf and combine them in acrobat reader then send the fax - what a pain!!!!!!!!

so hard! i used MS Word fax cover sheet , put my document and print ! i guess your make it i a hard way

i also have downloaded Microsoft word fax cover sheet for free at httt://www.faxgator.com

take a look , select a template , add your company logo,name,address,tel ...
and put your document only every time you want to send fax, it would be more easy than your way

so hard! i used MS Word fax cover sheet , put my document and print ! i guess your make it i a hard way

i also have downloaded Microsoft word fax cover sheet for free at httt://www.faxgator.com

take a look , select a template , add your company logo,name,address,tel ...
and put your document only every time you want to send fax, it would be more easy than your way

We do our layout in QuarkxPress or Indesign - what would be the easiest way to do that from those programs - would I still have to make a pdf? Sorry, kinda confused.

No, why you make pdf ? you don't need design layout while you can find professional designs for free at this website

- first select a template from
www.faxgator.com

- download it in MS WORD format ( if you don't have Microsoft Word let me know so i can guide you in better way )

- open the document with MS Word , change for example "COMPANY NAME" to your company name , type your company address,tel,fax,email ...

- every time you need to fax a document simply put your document in the body of template and print it , so you don't need to make pdf file every time

any question ?

I am so sorry I'm so confused...we do all of our layouts for documents in QuarkXpress and Indesign - I would have to make a pdf of my document and then import it into the Microsoft word (which we do have) program right and fax from there right??

The suggestion to create a cover sheet in some app doesn't resolve the underlying problem: where once I was able to directly fax a page from my current app, whether it's Excel or FileMaker or whatever, and include a cover sheet directing it to a specific person, now I can only send the document, even tho the Use Cover Page box is checked and text entered. It doesn't appear in the Preview view and it doesn't get sent. There may be a connection with the problem I now have viewing a list of faxes sent (Internal Modem > Completed); it only shows a half dozen entries from mid-June and takes a long time to display that. Clearing the fax list did not help. Also, when I send a fax it no longer includes the name and phone number originally entered, and still shown, in fax setup.

I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone with actual knowledge of resolving the problem.

Thanks,
Rick

Back