Fax Receiving

charleyd

Registered
OS 10.3 on G4

Tried to install STfax. never sucessful

Can now send faxes but cannot receive them. I know I set program to not receive FAXes for above installation, but do not remember how I did that so I can check.

Charley, apparently you misunderstood my question. Have you gone to the Preferences... of FAXstf and set it up to receive faxes?

Have given up on STFfax as It does not rcognize my moden. Says it is in use by another program. Felt lucky when I was able to send a FAX under Appleworks, but still can't receive. Also can't confirm sent FAXes. Appreciate help. STF worked for several years until 10.3

MacOS X 10.3 and 10.4 have faxing built-in. Perhaps, FAXstf and the built-in fax driver are competing for the same fax modem.

Under 10.3 I can send FAXes but not receive. It seemes to me that if I can send by modem I should be able to receive. I think "Receive FAXes" preference is turned off. I can find no "FAX & Print" preference under Hardware in preferences. How can I generate this preference?

Please look at System preference / Print & Fax / Faxing

fax.jpg

then click receive faxes on this computer. Make sure its right phone number that someone fax to your regular phone line.

Back