Fax software in Panther!

iMan

?¿?
Hi all, today I tried to use the fax software that comes with panther, but with no success. The fax on the other end has a answering machine on it that comes on and the person with the fax said that you just have to do it manually, call the fax number and the press start on your fax-machine. Is this possible with apples fax software? I couldn't find that option if it's there.

Thankful for any help on the topic

Viktor

Can't do it that way. The start button is theFAX button. Once you click Fax, that's it, nothing else to do.

The problem is on the receiving end, they should have their machine set to automatically accept faxes.

You could try clicking the Fax button when the other end answers and see what happens.

Even a stand alone fax machine, you would hit the start button to send the fax and shouldn't have to hit it again.

I know, they have the voice line and fax on the same line with an answering machine built in. It would be a nice if apple could add a function where you can call the number and then hit the fax command.

Viktor

They should get the type of answering machine that recognizes when a fax ring is coming in and automatically switch it to the fax machine.

Back