fcp2.5/dvdsp2/QT6....for Mac OS X

hiya

Registered
Anyone hear any new movements of Final Cut or DVD Studio Pro for OS 10?
Schiller is doing the keynote at the DV Expo....

Also Apple just seeded QTSS4.0b out to the public to try. It includes native MPEG 4 hinting....which means I believe Apple is ready to at least ready to release its own MPEG 4 Codec finally (got to initially see it at NAB). I am wondering if they have reverse engineered Spruce's MPEG2 encoding algorithms and stuck them into a new version of DVD Studio Pro....that would be greatly appreciated seeing as their MPEG2 encoding system sucked for it. Plus it would be nice to see a developer level product include the ability to flag MPEG2 frames for 24 frame encoding. Finally, Quicktime 6? or at least 5.5 coming out at QT Live in Feb? It would be nice to see QT add a more robust OS 10 engine, and also Flash 5 and MPEG2 and 4 support...maybe a couple other codecs 2.

:)
Anyone know anything?

well I was right so far with Final Cut....although it was 3.o not 2.5

Anyone have any juicy details about the quicktime version to be released at Quicktime Live or when DVD Studio Pro 2 for osx hopefully with Spruce MPEG2 encoding algos built in?

Anyone? Come on....am I the only rumor guy that cares about Quicktime and multimedia?

Hook me up with some info

thanks
Hiya

I care :)

don't want to guess tho because then people start thinking I've heard something in my lonely corner over here and believe it.

Back