Feedback wanted: Apple 17" Studio CRT w/ADC

orangefunk

Registered
I am thinking about picking up a used Apple Studio CRT display, the last generation ones with the ADC and clear housing.

Anyone have any feedback on anything that I should be concerned about this monitor before hunting on eBay for one?

Thanks

Attachments

• 17adc.jpg
    17adc.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 20
I have the monitor. I got it when i got my 466mhz when it was new. It was kinda pricey b ut worth it. nothing but good times with it no trouble at all. So crisp and clear i love it. Its really great an looks really awesome on the desk.

Out of curiousity how much are you expecting to pay for it?

hmm i hadn't thought about doing this, but it would be a great idea since i can't afford a friggin flat screen. i have an apple monitor now, but it's 1705 (iow the size of a tank turret). I'd also be interested in one if the price was right. I'll go check ebay now..

I've seen these on eBay go for $180-$250.

There is a refurbish dealer near my home that has them with a one year warranty for about $330.

So the price seems to vary a bit.

I was going to look on eBay.

I've heard some people complain about the stand breaking but i've never had that problem at all. Just be careful when you buy monitors on ebay. Because ebay is like a box of chocolates. Sometimes ya never know what you are really going to get. ;)

Happy hunting.

Thanks for the tip.
I know about the potential broken stands.

I worked for a company that relocated twice and both times, the moving company packed the blue and white 17 studio displays.

They broke stands each time.

The best way to avoid breaking the stands on these apple studio displays is to ship it in it's original box with the original foam packaging.

I have said monitor and initially it was bad.. there was a fuzziness around the edges (about 1") that seemed out of focus. I got mine new with my Dual 450 tower. I had to have it sent in the first week to have it repaired.

Other than that... it has worked fine and I have no complaints since the repair. I do like the idea of only one cord to house the video, power, and usb. Helps keep the area clean. I've always like CRT better than Flat Panels and will not jump on the Flat Panel bandwagon for several more years. I think the monitors were $599 new, so for under $200 would be a great deal...:D

Thx for the feedback on the monitor. I prefer CRT's color rendition and overall smoothness in gradation rendering.

I work with alot of digital imagery, both photo and video, and always gravitate towards the CRT's display qualities.

Back