File handling

Decado

Kallikanzaroi
Hello everyone!
I was just curious about how many out there uses the finder the way Apple wants it to be used, and what different ways there are. Im the single user on my computer, so i think it's pointless having to dig through several folders before getting to my user-account.
I strictly use the account-folder (home) for automatic tasks (like the imovie-, iphoto-, itunes-sorting wich is excelent).
See attached picture (hope it works)
Instead i have three folders at the top (starting with a 'space' character) when i open my hard-drive: Mappar (folders), Program (applications) and Spel (games) (sorry for the swedish:p ), followed by a seperator to keep away the fun stuff from the dangerous :)

In Mappar (folders) i divide it into subfolders (text-documentation, graphics, etc) wich in their turn contain subfolders.
In Program (applications) i got the aliases to my aplications that are in the two "real" application-folders (osx and classic). This folder i have also draged to the bar and to the dock.
Spel (games) is rather obvious :cool:

Soooo, is this original or is it common? Is it stupid or is it smart? is there any important thing that i have overlooked, by not using the home folder? And whyyyyy cant i have an eMac instead of an iMac for dator (computer) icon? :p

Attachments

• finder.jpg
    finder.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 22
Back