Filemaker IPO in the cards?

mi5moav

Registered
So, what is going to happen to our wonderful sister company Filemaker? This bad girl has been tearing up the small to medium sized business market for the past five years and there doesn't seem to be any stopping her, especially with Apple, er Filemaker creating these wonderfull little starter solutions. I didn't even realize until the other day that my wifes bank which has about 21 branches and about 4 billion in deposits.(ok, they aren't Wachovia with like 80 trillion in deposits) has been using Filemaker for the past 6 years. They bought something like 800 copies last year, not to shabby. Anyone have any finacial figures on her and what she has done over the past few years? Will, Apple reabsorb her or just keep her at arms length so, she stays away from her freak daddy and stays more on the conservative side of the fences? Boy oh Boy would Clarus be proud of you now girl.

Great story;) The iWork suite needs a good databasing application. Mabey that's next on the cards too. Apple should release a resonably good version of FileMaker included into the suite. More of a reason to sell and switch users to macs too!!!

Some of the things id like to see is iWeb and a good databasing application as simple as FileMaker interact to create dynamic wepages. I like in particular the way you connect fields using the database in file maker. its really easy stuff and fun! and for the non-programer it would help people build great web applications (somthing that's really lacking out there in the market) mabey even an advanced tool so you can edit the code (but then that's entering to much into WebObjects)

Back