Files are on iPod, but not showing up...

drewm52085

Registered
Okay... so here's the deal. I was trying to get my girlfriend's music onto my computer (a Mac) using Senuti. Everything worked fine, i got all of her music on my computer but later found out some of the music she had was protected. This protected music came from other friend's computers. When I finally unplugged her iPod from my computer, all of her music was gone on the iPod. I plugged it back into her computer (a PC) so I could look at the hidden files to see if the music was at least still on her iPod. It was. I tried everything on every forum I could find about getting the original playlists back without reformatting the iPod, but nothing worked.

My biggest problem is that I have all of the music on my computer but it's not authorized and won't load to her iPod. I haven't reformatted her iPod yet because I know as soon as I do, I loose the only authorizations for that music.

Please, for all things that are good in this world... help me! My gf is going to KILL me!

Did you do this before using Senuti?
If it was set to do any synchronization - or not set to NOT synchronize - then the music is gone, and that music is only at your computer now.
1. Make her do the synchronization from her computer again, and make sure that iPod is paired to that computer. Obviously she has a backup of all her music
2. You can resolve the problem of protected music files on your computer by deleting them. They were not bought using your iTunes account, so unless the original purchaser wants for some reason to authorize you for those music tracks you can't do anything with them.
3. Don't do that again
4. Get her a nice dinner or take to movies etc, and hire a bodyguard if you think that won't do.

Back