Files & folders disappeared from desktop!

jgabbard

Registered
I have a number of files and folders that just simply disappeared from my desktop. I have tried all of the "normal" recovery methods (restart, repair permissions, run Disk Warrrior and replace the directory, run Data Rescue II) but I find NOTHING! They do not show up with a search through "find" or Spotlight.

I am totally baffled by this and cannot seem to find anyone who can give me an answer. HELP!

Is there any hope of recovering my data short of sending it to a data recovery company and paying a LOT? (Or will that even do the trick?)

I have a number of files and folders that just simply disappeared from my desktop. I have tried all of the "normal" recovery methods (restart, repair permissions, run Disk Warrrior and replace the directory, run Data Rescue II) but I find NOTHING! They do not show up with a search through "find" or Spotlight.

I am totally baffled by this and cannot seem to find anyone who can give me an answer. HELP!

Is there any hope of recovering my data short of sending it to a data recovery company and paying a LOT? (Or will that even do the trick?)

First of all, make a backup of the still available data. Verify the integrity of your harddrive and replace the drive.

This can be a hardware problem (mostly harddrive, but other part of the mac are not to be excluded) or some software issue.

Good luck, Kees

One of my friend suggested me a data recovery software when i lost my files, search for stellar phoenix macintosh.com on google and try the software.

Back