Filesystem Problems

dave261266

Registered
Guys,

Got a bit of a problem, but not sure of the extent of the problem.

Have a drobo disk unit with 2.7Tb of storage on it. Normally use this through the droboshare which makes it a nas device sharing two hfs+ filesystems over samba.

Was in the middle of transferring some stuff to the drobo earlier today and had a power cut. Normally after a power cut everything is fine and I don't see any problems. In this case though I tried to go into the directory that I was writing to and found that it was empty which I knew it wasn't. When I tried to create a file I found that the file existed already even though I could not see it.

Being a Unix SA I know that I have a corruption on the FS at some level. I'm not mega familiar with the HFS+ file system structure but I assumed that a normal fsck would suffice. I tried this through unix, DiskTool and also through Drive Genius 2 but cannot get it to repair the problem. Tried both repair and rebuild on Drive Genius.

I have connected the drobo back up directly via usb now to fix the problem.

The message I get out of drive genius is

Rebuild Failed: Volume bitmap shows block 180407086 to be free but the catalog shows it to be used. (16284, 180407086,16)

Now I'm not sure if there is a problem or if this is the way that the drobo does it's filesystems so that it shares the drobo disk space out correctly.

The filesystem looks normal now that I have connected via usb but I'm not sure that I can trust it. Was gonna get Disk Warrior and see if that did anything but obviously as this is a raid 5 based disk unit I have no backups so want to avoid trashing anything if I can help it.

Any ideas ? anyone familiar with drobos ?

Regards

Dave

Back