Final Cut capture problems- pre-roll. dangit! Help!

adambyte

Registered
Hello. A while ago I was working on something. And I used the "Capture Now" button to get the beginning clips of video.... I let it roll on for 15 minutes, and kept capturing other stuff... anyway... I edited the project, and then lost the huge video files. So, I start working on this project months later (like, now) and open final cut. I select the beginning clip, so Final Cut can "Batch Capture" it... so, it rewinds the tape to the beginning, and then, doesn't even start rolling the tape AT all. It doesn't even bother. It just sits there. Then, after a few moments, Final Cut tells me some error like "there isn't enough pre-roll" or something. Well, hell. So, I think, "That's okay, I don't need the first 10 seconds, anyway." So I change the "in" point of the clip to 10 seconds in, but FCP STILL rewinds ALL the way back to the beginning of the tape, and does the same damn thing.

Is there anyway to re-capture the first 15 minutes, and get it back into my project?

In the future, i will be much more careful and not capture anything anywhere NEAR the beginning of the tape.

Back