Final Cut caused Freeze!

dfbills

Apparently Apple's Final Cut Pro doesn't like classic. It froze my entire computer up twice tonight. (no force quit or app switching allowed- mouse froze)

Yeah it is pretty solid, but crashing twice on BETA software, thats alot better than windows can do. Are you saying that it is unusable under classic mode under OSX?

Originally posted by dfbills
Apparently Apple's Final Cut Pro doesn't like classic. It froze my entire computer up twice tonight. (no force quit or app switching allowed- mouse froze)
Does it freeze on launch? If so the FireWire stuff in classic might be broken... Have you tried iMovie 2 in classic?

i've used FCP 1.2.5 and iMovie1.02 in the classic with OSX DP4 and they both worked, at least I could import my quicktime movies and play around with them...unfortunately I haven't tried any firewire devices with it, though. Still waiting for my PB to come in.

the swiss applestore sucks!

cheers.

Bummer - no desktop video on X - so I guess I'm not ready to live under X. I think that it's very important for Apple to get dv over firewire working - they're pushing so hard desktop movies!

Originally posted by eric
Bummer - no desktop video on X - so I guess I'm not ready to live under X. I think that it's very important for Apple to get dv over firewire working - they're pushing so hard desktop movies!

remeber its just a beta, everything will be working in the final

Back