Final Cut Pro 2 + iMovie2 combo in OS X?

solrac

Mac Ninja
So I heard you can do your capturing in iMovie 2, and editing in Final Cut Pro 2........ then no need to boot into OS 9

That would be perfect for a friend of mine who does video editing...

except he uses Final Cut Pro's "Batch Capture"..... does iMovie2 do this?

thanks,
-solrac-

All you do, is just import into iMovie as normal. Once you've imported what you need, quit iMovie, save it as whaterver you want and open Final Cut. In Final cut, go to file, to import. (command-i). Then find the folder for the you saved in iMovie. In it there should be a folder called media. That's where all the DV files are stored. You can import them (this won't duplicate the files) and edit.:D

Originally posted by solrac
So I heard you can do your capturing in iMovie 2, and editing in Final Cut Pro 2........ then no need to boot into OS 9

That would be perfect for a friend of mine who does video editing...

except he uses Final Cut Pro's "Batch Capture"..... does iMovie2 do this?

thanks,
-solrac-

No it won't do batch captures. this is the one reason i would refrain from capturing via iMovie-Unless you only need a few clips, then your all set. But as I am usually importing many clips within a tape it is best to log the clips and set FCP to batch and leave the machine to do it's magic. So, in a word, no. He'll still need to boot to OS9 for batch capture... for a little while anyway.

Back