Final Install Problems

sepia

Registered
Well, I got the final and installed it on the second half of my 6 GB hard drive. (iMac.) Won't boot to the second partition AT ALL, even when I choose it with the Startup Disk utility. Nice job, Apple. Will try installing on first half now...

If that doesn't work, you might want to try adjusting the file system that you install Mac OS X 10.0 on. This was the case for me when I initially installed the OS on the "Unix File System" in that when I rebooted, it was just hang without going any farther than the happy computer. When I went back and installed it on a Mac "Extended" filesystem, it worked like butter. :) Hope it works for you...

Yep, I installed on the first half and it worked fine. (Even with UNIX file system.) That seems strange. My copy of PB booted from the second partition fine. One thing I'm very pleased with is that they included the Developer CD in the distribution. On to playing...

If I remember correctly, the instructions say that you must put it on the first half of any partition and that the partition cannot be larger than 9MB in size.

try the READ BEFORE YOU INSTALL .pdf document.

Originally posted by Hobeaux
If I remember correctly, the instructions say that you must put it on the first half of any partition and that the partition cannot be larger than 9MB in size.

try the READ BEFORE YOU INSTALL .pdf document.

you can read really well, can't you! how about no larger than nine GIGAbytes in size?

Back