finally 2008 & updates installed, but can't receive or send? why?

antonioconte

Registered
ok, I've spent the last two days really trying to upgrade to 2008, really not sure why after all this hassle.

Finally after reading loads of posts about the updates not working and registering a working copy of 2008, it works out that I needed to install in Safe mode - this seems to have allowed me to install all the updates and I am now running 10.1.4. hooorah! well, kind of.

Without looking deeply, I'm finding the following two issues, first one is major:

1/ I can't send or receive emails - only way is whilst the progress panel is whirring away, looking as if its trying to connect, if I Apple Quit, whilst the panel is poped up and asking me if I really want to do this, all the accounts successfully send and receive. How odd is that?

2/ The view pane is not showing 90% of the time?

really not impressed with this.

THought that since I had an intel mbp 17" things would be faster too. how wrong was I?

yep, sorry, I mean, I've managed to update Office 2008 to the latest version.

I was having problems picking up emails and the preview pane wasn't work. I left the machine rebuilding overnight since the last post, and it seems to have worked.

Only issue now, the preview pane is sooooo slow!

I'd personally consider leaving Entourage behind and switching to Mail.app/iCal/Address Book. For me, that combo serves me very well. It's also the easiest setup going through the years of Mac OS X. Apple always gives those apps and their integration a great upgrade with every new version of OS X (the big cats, that is).
I haven't actually used Entourage 2008, so I couldn't really say too much about it.

Back