Finally, a REAL Virtual Desktop Pager for OSX

DrHogie

Registered
Scanning over at version tracker this morning, I saw a new release for CodeTek VirtualDesktop 1.0b2. I downloaded it and tried it out. If you have been missing a *NIX-like Virtual Desktop Pager for OSX -- miss no more.

http://www.codetek.com/php/betamac.php

You have to register for the beta software, and agree to their beta license, but the software is outstanding. It works with up to 100 desktops, takes the icon of said program and displays that icon in the pager itself. The pager is fully transparent (if you want it to be). It is NOT yet dockable -- I emailed them asking if this was possible and/or if they plan on doing it -- I have it currently floating right above my dock. It has hotkeys to switch between desktops -- just hit option-up to move to the desktop above you, etc. And best of all it's FAST -- on my 500 MHz iBook it's damn near instant to switch desktops.

Apple, if you're reading, buy this software off of CodeTek and ship it with 10.2, because to me it belongs as a part of OSX.

well, considering 10.2 is coming in about a month or two, that might be a little unrealistic to expect them to buy out a company, and have it integrated, and finish debugging the beta software before the end of the summer.

how about OS11...?

Back