FinalVinyl recording problem

andrefrancis2

Registered
I have a G4, a PowerWave box (connected to speakers) and FinalVinyl software and I need to take some music from a cassette to my Mac and put into mp3 format.

I seem to have everything working on the hardware front. The PowerWave is connected via usb to the Mac and I have RCA (phono) input to the PowerWave from my cassette (headphone, unfortunately) output. I am definitely getting a signal to the Mac because the sound levels in the Sound Pref Pane are 'jiggling' in time with the music from the cassette. Also I have 'Power Wave Composite' selected in both the Input and Output Sound sections and I am able to monitor input (via the PowerWave) through external speakers - thus I am sure that all is OK with PowerWave

My problem is that I cannot get FinalVinyl to recognise that anything is going on musically. The message it gives in the main dialog interface window is 'No Griffin Audio' :( . Is there anything special I should do after running the software in order that it picks up the input signals?

I know sound can be a very technical and sophisticated area, but what I am trying to do is (in the scheme of all thing sound-like) fairly simple.

Can anyone help?

... just reporting back.

I have sorted it. There was a problem with the v1.0.1 software for OSX 10.3.

I downloaded v1.1.2 and it now works fine.

Back