find message in mail

stingrayj

Registered

apologies for the slightly dumb Q, but I'm totally fed up after repeated searches and the less than brilliant nature of mac mail.

I recently switched to a new imac, which is great and imported my mailboxes from old mac 10.39. This just grouped all old message together under an 'On my Mac folder' with some subdivisions which are v tough to search, and did not integrate old messages within new folders. I urgently need to access an old message and despite repeated searches cannot find it, it's from a distant family member who does not use an obvious moniker, even subject searches etc don't reveal the message.

There seems to be no facility for searching chronologically, or is there?

can anyone help!?

thanks!

Iain

I urgently need to access an old message and despite repeated searches cannot find it, it's from a distant family member who does not use an obvious moniker, even subject searches etc don't reveal the message.

Can you recall any specific word from your relative's message? For example, I typed the word Janet in Spotlight and it immediately turned up the emails between a client of that name and me.

EasyFind does a very thorough search, needs more specific direction than Spotlight, and takes longer.

Either of the above may locate that sought-after message. Good luck.

thanks buttried repeated spotlight searches and there's no link to the messages at all. I presume that they must have got lost in the changeover somehow...others beware

Back