Finder- make Icon view stick

pyr0_musician

Registered
Im using 10.4.3 . I thought the default setting for finder view was Icon, which i preferrer. But recently it has changed to column view, and i can't get it to stick to Icon view. I tried logging in as root, and changing it from column to Icon. I also got rid of "open new windows in column view" in the finder preferences , while in root. They seemed to work when i logged back in, but after going from Computer to desktop and a few other folders, it just goes back to column view.
Thanks
Travis

The default is icon view, but if you change the view for a folder under Tiger, I believe that it sticks. Did you try going to the root of your hard drive and browsing to the folders where you are having a problem. Perhaps this might "stick" the new icon view setting to the folders that way. I just tested it out and it worked for me that way. Folders that I had set as column view went back to icon view if I browsed to them from a folder in icon view. The same does not seem true for list view, which seems to stick even if you browse to it from a folder in icon view.

Back