Finder Not Running

dgill

Registered
My TiBook 1GHz with 10.2.6 seems to be runing just fine, but something strange has started happening. When ctrl-clicking on the Finder icon in the Dock, it says "Finder Not Running." Also, there's no black triangle below it to indicate that it's running. Logging out/in does nothing. Force-quitting Finder causes it to restart, and THEN it gets the triangle and ctrl-click again displays the open window list.

Anyone else seen this?

Nope, just running a few add-ons and haven't seen this until very recently. It's pretty hit-or-miss. I just want to make sure there's no major problem happening.

Unless you encounter a major problem, ignore these minor interface inconsistencies. If you know the Finder is running because you can use it, then you don't need to care if there's a triangle beneath the Dock icon or not.

I bet you are running Unsanity's APE Application manager, and have upgraded to Quicktime 6.3, right?
:)
Quicktime 6.3 is incompatable with the APE Application manager, and causes this. Uninstalling the Unsanity Application manager fixes this issue.

I'm using Quicktime 6.3 and Ape Manager and don't have any problems.

Originally posted by JeffCGD
I bet you are running Unsanity's APE Application manager, and have upgraded to Quicktime 6.3, right?
:)
Quicktime 6.3 is incompatable with the APE Application manager, and causes this. Uninstalling the Unsanity Application manager fixes this issue.

Oh, so THAT'S what it is! I also only noticed this recently and thought it was APE. Must be only since I updated QT to 6.3. I figured it was APE since I disabled it and then everything was fine.

bobw: I only notice this if I log out and then back in. It's fine on the first login after a reboot.

I am running WindowShadeX, and yes QT6.3 but haven't seen the problem in a few days.

Seeing that Apple makes the 'whole widget', I would suggest that it is APE that is incompatible with QuickTime, not the other way around.

Back