Finder runs very slow after Leopard update

Perishingflames

Registered
Hi,

I have recently updated to 10.5 (and now 10.5.1), and I noticed my finder running very slow. When opening folders, there will be about a 2 seconds wait until the contents are displayed.

Is this a Leopard problem or is there some kind of utility I can run to fix this?

Thanks.

Hi,

I have recently updated to 10.5 (and now 10.5.1), and I noticed my finder running very slow. When opening folders, there will be about a 2 seconds wait until the contents are displayed.

Is this a Leopard problem or is there some kind of utility I can run to fix this?

Thanks.
Run Disk Utility

Hi,

Thanks.
If this is immediately after the upgrade then Spotlight may be working very hard in the background. If this is still a problem 24 hours later, then start with Disk Utility.

RonMan

The system preferences may be corrupted.--go to users>library>preferences>system preferences and drag folder[ system preferences } to trash-do restart and that may fix problem.
dickster-------------------------------------------------------------------

Back