Finder Window Transparency

ckizer

Registered
I saw a while back somebody made there finder windows transparent. I need something like this, please let me know thanks!

Are you sure that it wasn't a Terminal window? Transparent Finder windows would be cool, though!

I know no class in OS X which allows it to make the standard finder windows transparent. Technically, it is possible, but there is no preference you can set to do this. MAYBE you have seen a screenshot from tinkertool. When you set the transparency for the Terminal in Tinkertool, it is displayed as a Finder window....or it is a new, unsupported function in 10.1 I wasn't able to find...gonna check it tonight...

It would be nice to be able to replace the finder window with a transparent pdf as you do to make the dock transparent.

I'd like to see a "Transparent Theme" program which controlled these things...

If it's built into the operating system, let's use it... I know, I know Carbon/Coco issues... I digress.

Windows Shade X has just been released and it works beautifully for what you want.
It even gicves you options. You can click the yellow button to make the window reduce to just the title bar as iin classic, or you can click it to make it transparent to the amount YOU specify or it can simply hide the application totally, not even visible in the dock. Goto www.macupdate.com and grab it. Its wonderful for windows which you would like to keep tabs on for progress but dont want to be cluttering up the screen. It is awesome!

okay - we're a step away from what I really want!!

I'd like to have the finder windows always with a slight transparency. I don't like the utility Window ShadeX...

It would get frustrating for me. I'd have to have the transparency down to a slight faint of an image so it wouldn't distract me.. but then trying to find the buttons to reactivate the window becomes a challenge.

Originally posted by evildan
okay - we're a step away from what I really want!!

I'd like to have the finder windows always with a slight transparency. I don't like the utility Window ShadeX...

It would get frustrating for me. I'd have to have the transparency down to a slight faint of an image so it wouldn't distract me.. but then trying to find the buttons to reactivate the window becomes a challenge.

I hear ya, I would expect soomething will be available quite soon.

Back