Finding the right position for Herve

ScottW

Founder
Staff member
I read most of the threads on this board at least as time permits. I know who is active and who isn't... who is new and who has been around for a long time. I also know most of the personalities and sometimes I choose to take special note of people.

In this case, it is Herve. Herve, has me confused. In fact, I don't know if he is just a comedian or if it's really just him. Is he being this way on purpose or is it all just an act.

But no matter which way it is... I feel that Herve deserves to be promoted here at Press 3 from an Official ******** to something more deserving of his class and character.

So please, join me in coming up with Herve's new position here at Press 3.

Thanks,

Admin

Somebody suggested that Herve wasn't real. I like that idea.

How about "Random Though Bot"?

Vanguard

Stolen right from TechTV, how about, "Your personal confuser" or if you want Official in the title, "Official Confuser" :D

I think Herve is the next generation in A.I. running on a secret Department of Defense computer akin to IBM's Deep Blue that was recently turned loose on the internet for testing purposes. Only, they're still working out the bugs and have subliminally coded "Dutch to English and vice versa" language barriers as the primary excuse for the bugs in the programming of Herve's (HAL from 2001) language core. Herve deserves his own special section here on MacOSX.com where his randon seed generator can run amok. Think of it this way, we all get to see Herve improve his English language usage, syntax, and complexity all while entertaining us along the way - a wonderful way for everyone to grow personally, and most importantly Herve. I wonder what "H E R V E" stands for...hmmm....I'll have to think about that one.

i've been telling herve he is a zen master. I think 'Site Zen Master' or something to that affect suits him perfectly. herve is almost always communicating something. he is often charmigly cryptic and the message doesn't hit me till hours or days later. many i am still working on. i like this idea of recognizing him. I agree with much of what chemistry_geek said about all of us having a chance to grow and watch herve grow. and helping him with his english.
i think it is important that herve be treated with respect and this not turn into a sort of "village idiot" or "non human" kind of thing just because most people don't understand him. I will certainly go along with any title that accepts him for who he wants to be or allows him a positive way to see himself. otherwise he will just remain my online buddy herve to me.

herve- what would you like to be called? perhaps you have a special identity that you've been afraid to ask for. now is the time to speak up my friend. now is the time to reveal your mission here amongst us. you are being accepted into the group. what identity would you desire here?

(hint folks - it often helps to talk 'to' herve rather than 'about' herve if you want him to make more sense when his message goes over your head or appears to far off in left field. i believe he is a person and people have feelings):)

Ed,

I 100% agree with you.

Herve, if you are reading this... I think your great and that is why I am wanting to promote you in the community. I think you bring something unqiue to the crowd here. You keep us in suspense, for whatever reason you have chosen.

So, come out of the woodwork, and let us know who you want to be... and I will welcome you to the ranks of stardom, at least here at brainmania.com.

;)

Admin

Is that Christina Applegate ? :p

Herve is a mystery! I think we should give him like an indian name like "Confusing smile" -- since some of his posts make us smile and others just makes us say WTF?!?!?!?!:confused:

Admiral

While I don't have a better title than others for Herve himself, I do think we've stumbled on another "official _____" title. Others that confound and confuse us in the future could be promoted to.............'Official Herve'.

Hervé just gets a european brain. Complex. Creative.

Let's tell he is our Official European Plug.

Let's have him energize our threads. Brake our monotony. Explode our certitudes. He puts 220 V in our 110 V brains. It rocks.

It used to be that there was a sinecure position for a poet in the King's household - your job was to compose a poem once a year for the King's birthday. For that you got to live in the Royal household - can't beat free rent in the Royal palace, free meals with nobility, and money to support your dissipation and extravagance...

If I had a sinecure, I'd share with Herve.

Back