Fink and XDarwin?

tyma

Registered
Here's an odd one for you. Do Fink and XDarwin actually work together?

I was running Apple's X11 server, but uninstalled it to give XDarwin a try. Now none of the Fink applications will install - most crash out with an "Unresolved Dependencies - X11" error.

I removed Fink and reinstalled it, that didn't help.

Figuring it was some library issue I didn't know how to diagnose, I just finished re-installing OS X. I'm loathe to try an XDarwin/Fink installation again until I get some feedback.

Do I need to install any of the additional TGZ's from the XDarwin FTP site to facilitate this? Or will the base tarballs work? I have the Xprog tarball, thinking it might need the developer tools.

Anyway, any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim.

You may have forgotten to source /sw/bin/init.csh, somewhere. Anyway, you can run it manually, after starting XDarwin.

It could be that you need to re-install only the system-X11 package from Fink, sincec you're not using Fink's X11 install and switched you manual install. Fink detected Apple's X11 when you installed it the firs time, now you've got to tell Fink that you've got a new one, and AFAIK the system-X11 package is the way to do that. It automatically scans the appropriate directories to see where your X11 is and what it is.

Back