fink won't see xfree86 properly

Lazarus18

In debt medical student
I followed the instructions from macosxhints.com on installing Xfree86 and fink found here. Things went mostly smoothly, but I can't tell fink about my Xfree86 install (I installed in manually). When I type:
fink install system-xfree86 I get this:
Reading package info...
Information about 227 packages read.
dpkg -i /sw/fink/dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/x11-system/system-xfree86_4.1-2_darwin-powerpc.deb
(Reading database ... 4208 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking system-xfree86 (from .../system-xfree86_4.1-2_darwin-powerpc.deb) ...

Your XFree86 installation is incomplete. The following files are missing:
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h
You may have an old version without shared libraries. That is not sufficient
to run downloaded binary packages. Please install XFree86 4.1.0 or later
manually or consider installing the xfree86-base package.

dpkg: error processing /sw/fink/dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/x11-system/system-xfree86_4.1-2_darwin-powerpc.deb (--install):
subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
/sw/fink/dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/x11-system/system-xfree86_4.1-2_darwin-powerpc.deb
### dpkg failed, exit code 1
Failed: can't install package system-xfree86-4.1-2

What does this mean? It messes up fink if I try to install something (the only thing I tried was Window Maker). Everything's in the default directory I think, I don't know what the problem is.

funny...
I just deleted my whole fink installation because it was getting on my nerves :p

What I did to install xf86 though was this

fink install xfree86-base

and

fink install xfree86-server

I could not install rootless or afterstep. After 2 full weekends of CLIing and downloading and playing around with .info and .patch files I got frustrated and deleted the damn thing :p

Admiral

Back