Fire and MSN, please help...

jabhome

Registered
I have never been able to use MSN on Fire. Can someone please take a look at their setting and let me know the server and port they are using.

Mine reads -

Server messenger.hotmail.com
Port 1800

Second, do you use user or user@msn.com as login. Fire says the msn.com is not needed, however when using MSN Messenger itself, login requires user@msn.com.

Thanks in advance for the help,
Jason

P.S. The five other clients work running in Fire on my icebook. I would be more than happy to share my settings for those clients if anybody is having trouble with AOL, ICQ, irc, jabber or Yahoo.

do you have the latest version of Fire? because on their site it says that MSN Messenger changed protocols (or something) and you you need to download Fire's latest build in order for it to work.

MSN still does not work. This is the latest from Version-Tracker, but i will check the developers site.

Good idea though!!!

Thanks,
Jason

Originally posted by jabhome
do you use user or user@msn.com as login. Fire says the msn.com is not needed, however when using MSN Messenger itself, login requires user@msn.com.

If it says it isn't needed, then I think it's a fair guess to say that it isn't needed.

I've been using Fire with MSN for ages now - in fact, I don't use any other messaging client.. I'm not in front of my OSX box at the moment, but I'll post my settings as soon as I get home.

Back