Fire DOCK!! and editing the dock

mschmidt

Registered
Ha ha well people i realized i hate the dock as is because what fun are the normal strip thingys anyways i sit at work for 11 and half hours to tweak my machine as opposed to other peoples like i should be doin but hey ok heres your fun files you can mess with at no risk and its a crap load of fun i changed my dock so it has fire in it now take into account that the dock is partially transparent so adjust things accordingly as possible the file to adjust your dock are in...system/library/coreservices/dock(ctrl+click..."show package contents")/resouces... and then you will see in there three files
•left.pdf
•middle.pdf
•right.pdf
you can edit them in whatever program you want (i used photoshop 6.0) but you need adobe reader to translate them back into true .pdf files make sure to make copies of the origionals throw them in a folder outside of the resource folder (ex: desktop) replace the ones in there now i tinkered with the thought that if i throw a bigger picture in there on a new canvas it wont tile the picture and sure enough it workedif you mess with copies of the origionals they will always tile but if you create a new canvas roughly to size of the dock then do it the tiling will be gone anyways if you want my firedock feel free to ask for it but i must go continue to help people find the "Anykey" on their pc's and such

ZxXSuBLiMeXxZ

"I have worked out how to replace the Dock PDF files for other ones that depict fire"

FYI - TransparentDock 1.5.7 will now do all that troublesome replacing for you...

I have TransparentDock on my Carracho server, but it doesn't make a "fire dock"! Can I get a screenshot to see if this is worth my time or not? :p

Back