Firefox 3 Beta 1 is out

twister

Howdy
If you're a Firefox fan, version 3 beta 1 is out. Included are native aqua widgets and a theme that's Mac like (additional install required).

I tested it out and found it to be pretty nice. It'll be hard to get me away from Safari 3, but Firefox does have tons of addons that I love.

Check it out.

I haven't been able to check it out yet, but have they made the widgets (buttons, droplists, etc.) more Mac like as it is in Camino? It's kind of annoying to see the Windows-like rectangular buttons on a Mac app.

Not really. :( They just made their non-standard substitutes look a little more like the standards. They still ACT exactly like in previous versions. *sigh* Try using sub-menus in your bookmark bar. They look normal now, but the behavior is still funky and un-Mac-like. I haven't tried using text fields yet.

Has anyone else found it to be slow? For me it was barely usable. I'm wondering if it's just because it's a beta, or if it's something specific to my system. I'll have to try disabling some of my add-ons later.

Edit: I didn't change anything, but it's much faster now. Definitely in the same league as previous versions, possibly even a bit faster.

Back