Firefox And Camino

Dean M

Registered
HI.
Since the new version of Firefox came out, it seems to have cured all the problems that we had with it and the iMac G4's.
So does anyone think it is still usefull to keep Camino (the Firefox version for Mac)? Thanks. Dean M.

It's to soon to make that decision, but I use 3 different browsers all day long, 2 streaming and 1 researching so I'm very happy ( so far ) to have Firefox finally improve it's usability and increase my choices.

Sam

Camino is still nicely tailored to the way Macintosh apps are supposed to be like. From what I can tell, it's still based on the Mozilla suite and not necessarily anything from Firefox, but I could be wrong. Yes, the rendering engine is the same (Gecko) but from the way it's been described, Camino is really a reworking of the Mozilla/SeaMonkey Navigator so that it behaves more like a Mac app. I don't know if there's anything exclusively from Firefox in there.

... Yes, the rendering engine is the same (Gecko) but from the way it's been described, Camino is really a reworking of the Mozilla/SeaMonkey Navigator so that it behaves more like a Mac app. I don't know if there's anything exclusively from Firefox in there.
No, this is not true. Like Firefox, Camino is a browser-only based on the Gecko engine. Unlike Firefox, it is a binary Macintosh application. Within the Gecko world, it is very different from Seamonkey.

No, this is not true. Like Firefox, Camino is a browser-only based on the Gecko engine. Unlike Firefox, it is a binary Macintosh application. Within the Gecko world, it is very different from Seamonkey.

Ahh...thank you for the clarification. ;)

Back