Firefox growth stalls?

Sure, the growth is slowing down. Makes sense. The hype surrounding its release has also died down. What we want is for the download rate to stay consistant. What I would worry about is if the number of downloads stops completely.
But it is still getting a high rate of downloads. It takes time.

It's representing roughly about 60% of the readers on my blog, and about 72% or so on my friend's (http://jclark.org/weblog) blog. It's out there. I think it's just one of those products that once you get used to it, you never give it a second thought - because it just works. You're not downloading and reinstalling it every 2 weeks due to corruptions and bloat.

$.02

The idea that a 0.9% increase compared to a 1.4% increase the previous month is a "stall" is the same mentality that says earning $26million in profit one year versus $27million in profit the year before is a loss... it's a common business foolishness that tries to pretend that making less profit is a good reason to cut jobs. As long as Firefox usage grows at a measurable rate, even if it's less than it grew before, it's still growth and shows that people are using it more.

P.S. My sincerest apologies to any corporate executive types who read my previous paragraph and got their feelings hurt. Ha!

Back