Firefox help

cheekymac

Registered
Firefox was working fine on my old computer and after I changed to my new one (G4 Tower) running the same OS and I am pretty sure the same version of Firefox.

But now in the middle of doing anything, doing nothing, typing, even just looking up something in a tab, finding a bookmark and so on the coloured circle will pop up and start spinning. Will freeze firefox and lately the whole computer.

Any ideas?

I would reinstall the version again. If that doesn't work you will need to find your bookmark file, drag it to the desktop and then throw everything away related to firefox, and finally put in a clean version of firefox.

To get rid of all the files after removing your bookmark file--- down load apptrap ( http://konstochvanligasaker.se/apptrap/). the little program finds just about all the files that are related to the app being dragged to the trash.

I am running os 10, just realized I posted in the wrong section.

I got my bookmark file (at least i think i did) and used apptrap (thank you).

Now I am gaving trouble getting it into my new version of firefox (verson 3).

What is the file called (to make sure I got the right one) and how do I get it back into firefox.

I don't know why but for some reason there is an old bookmark list in there already. Even though I haven't done anything yet and use apptrap.

Thanks

Moving to Mac OS X software then...
Which version of Mac OS X are you using at the moment?

The bookmarks etc are on ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/[some random string]/

That is where I found it, the file called bookmarks.html. Also found where to import under bookmarks/organize bookmarks. Though that file wasn't current, I don't know why that file wouldn't be for that day vs I think it was what I had 3 or 4 weeks ago.

I did have the same problem happen once today, the coloured circle spinning and froze the browser. This is with Firefox version 3.

Back