Firefox printing function has a bug

suntannedboy

Registered
Hi, I don't know if any of you have noticed that the last release of firefox 3 for Mac has a printing bug. After I print a page or pdf, then the printing button simply hangs there. Unless I switch to other window and then switch back to firefox only then can I print a new page or pdf again. Any resolution to this bug?

Thanks in advance.

Is it still the same with 3.0.1? I haven't ever noticed this problem with Firefox. My setup is as follows:

• iMac G5 w/ Tiger 10.4.11.
  • Firefox 3.0b all the way to 3.0.1 final.
  • HP LaserJet 6P accessed over the network from a CUPS server (Slackware Linux 12.1 PC) using IPP.

Does it only happen with a particular printer connected directly to the Mac?

Try deleting Firefox and search for any associated files that might be hanging around and then reinstall. Or use AppZapper to remove all of those things. Seems as though something is causing FF to misbehave. Otherwise, it would be a widespread problem for all Mac users.

Have you tried repairing permissions as well?

I have tried repairing permissions. This did not fix the problem. I tried booting to another partition which has a fresh copy of 10.5.3 on it. This did not fix the problem.

Interesting. I just did it on the iMac I mentioned above and I even saved to PDF. The Print dialog box came up without an issue. I wonder if it's just isolated to certain Macs.

I've installed Tiger on my iMac before using the discs that came with my iMac. What discs were you using? Were they the ones that came with your Macs or a retail version? REmember that you cannot use the gray OS X installation discs with just any Mac....only the Macs that they ship with. Even though some installs might be successful, you'll probably experience some unexplained anomalies with software.

Back