Firefox quits before i download safari

ashpaige

Registered
I have a Mac Powerbook G4 and i recently had to reset everything to reset the username and password so i can change things because it still had the old username and password from the person i bought it from. When i did that it deleted safari, so i used firefox. Now when i go to firefox to search for safari to download it again, firefox freezes up and won't let me download safari. What should i do to get internet access again?

When you bought this PowerBook, did you get any discs? If so, you need to Erase & Install. You can't know what weird things people will do to their macs that convince them to finally sell it.

If you didn't get any discs, I recommend you buy a retail disc from Apple.

That said, here's things you can do to kind of help if you don't wanna spend money:
1) Create a new user. Delete the old one.
2) Download Onyx (link) and run everything on the Automation tab
3) Download a fresh copy of Firefox, and trash all Firefox-related files from your user libary (Application Support & Preferences folders)
4) Barring that, I'd explore whether it's at all legal to download Safari 4 Public Beta from a torrent service. My rudimentary search can't find a moral problem with it, and it doesn't appear in Safari's EULA, so far as i can find. Please correct me if I'm wrong, community.

Good Luck.

Back