Firefox: Where the Heck Is the Apple + Down Arrow Feature???

simbalala said:
Firefox also handles keychain passwords much better than Safari or Camino.

I may have several differnt user names and passwords that I present to the same log in screen depending on what I'm doing. Firefox will present me with a list and let me choose one and I'll be logged in with the pw for that account. Camino can't imagine that one screen may have multiple log ins. Safari is not much better.
Keychain? *shudder* I ... don't even want to THINK about using Keychain. Call me paranoid, but I don't like the fact that Keychain stores password information, for two reasons: 1) It makes it easier for people to hack into your system; and 2) You tend for forget your passwords because you never have to actually type them in ... and then, God forbid, if something DOES happen and Keychain gets screwed up and you have to manually type in the password that you've forgotten because you're so used to Keychain providing it for you ... well, you're screwed, too.

Amie said:
Keychain? *shudder* I ... don't even want to THINK about using Keychain. Call me paranoid, but I don't like the fact that Keychain stores password information, for two reasons: 1) It makes it easier for people to hack into your system; and 2) You tend for forget your passwords because you never have to actually type them in ... and then, God forbid, if something DOES happen and Keychain gets screwed up and you have to manually type in the password that you've forgotten because you're so used to Keychain providing it for you ... well, you're screwed, too.

Thats why god created bootable back ups and little white notebooks.

Just a couple examples of keychain use...

In Mail I currently have eight mail accounts. With one click I can check for new mail in all eight. You want me to be presented with eight requests for passwords?

I have multiple web based logins for various web server use. I don't care to take the time to type in a pw each time time I switch from one to the other.

simbalala said:
Thats why god created bootable back ups and little white notebooks.

Just a couple examples of keychain use...

In Mail I currently have eight mail accounts. With one click I can check for new mail in all eight. You want me to be presented with eight requests for passwords?

I have multiple web based logins for various web server use. I don't care to take the time to type in a pw each time time I switch from one to the other.
God created them? Wow, he must've been ahead of his time. ;)

I understand your examples of Keychain use. And I still don't like it. But, hey, that's just me.

Back