Firefoxf crashes

Harvey

Registered
Hey guys, do you guys experience firefox crashes often?

It seems to crash more often than Mozilla does on my machine... Just wondering if this was a trend anyone else was experiencing.

It seems to crash most often on popups. I use FURL, so I need popups to allow me to add webpages to my online bookmark collection.

Thanks!

the latest one seems to take a lot of nose dives for me too. i'm now back to 0.9.3 and it's doing fine so far.

None of my browsers seem to be stable. Safari crashes every now and then. IE... yea, no need to speak on that, Camino same thing, and Firefox isn't all that better.

I just want to know whats causing this. Some sites, like Ultrashock.com run terrible, and thats for Safari and Firefox, a little better on Firefox, and it didn;t matter which version.

I guess web browsing is just faster when i boot in 9, because all my Flash files were very fast when i was 9 last week backing up my system. Get back to X, it's a damn shame.

**Edit...I was curious how IE would run in the classic enviornment, and to my surprise, about the same as Safari does in X. Now that makes no sense. And it seems that Flash in IE through the classic enviornment runs a bit faster. Now how could that be? Lets see, classic has to render the enviornemnt, yet it still runs fast enough to put Safari to shame. Sure I don;t have a G5, but this makes no sense to me.

Because Macromedia wrote a better Flash player for the Classic OS than they did for Mac OS X. Their Mac OS X player is dog-slow, so even through classic emulation, Flash sites will probably seem quicker and more responsive.

It's not Apple -- it's Macromedia with the Flash problems.

well some html sites are slow too, so i'm not going to push all the blame on Macromedia, but yea i knew about the flash player.

Urbansory said:
And it seems that Flash in IE through the classic enviornment runs a bit faster. Now how could that be? Lets see, classic has to render the enviornemnt, yet it still runs fast enough to put Safari to shame. Sure I don;t have a G5, but this makes no sense to me.

Ah, I was operating off of these statements for my reply... sorry!

Harvey said:
Hey guys, do you guys experience firefox crashes often?

It seems to crash more often than Mozilla does on my machine... Just wondering if this was a trend anyone else was experiencing.

It seems to crash most often on popups. I use FURL, so I need popups to allow me to add webpages to my online bookmark collection.

Thanks!
Haven't had a crash yet. Only problem has been a bank website where the idiot programmers have configured it to only work with IE.

Kap

mine crashes all the time when there is a pop up window with either a java applet or some script in it.

mine crashes all the time when there is a pop up window with either a java applet or some script in it.

Weird. Glad to know I'm not the only one. Guess I'll stick with big ol Mozilla for a while until Firefox versions up again or something.

Urbansory

Ultrashock.com works fine for me in both Safari and Firefox. My guess would be your machine is too slow, or there's a problem with your system.

Not sure what is the cause, but... Safari never gave me these issues when it first came out.

And i reinstalled... any number of things and nothing clears that up.

There are a few other sites that give me similar problems. Ultrashock in the forumns section is slow. Sometimes i can quit Safari and that will give a slight boast, but it bogs down after a while. And it still eats a ton of memory, about 300mb of real memory, which is odd with one window and a few tabs open.

Back