Firewire break fixed? DVMC-DA1 works again?

mrsea

Registered
Hi folks,

Just downloaded the latest software update... 10.4.4 In it, it said that usb and firewire compatibility issues were addressed. I thought, "could it be?"

Some of you out there own the SONY DVMC-DA1 analog to digital converter. If you're like me, the compatibility of the box went away with the upgrade to Tiger. For me, I was able to use it in iMovie 4 but I read in many posts it wasn't working in iMovie 5. But for me, it also didn't work anymore in Final Cut 3 and didn't even show up as a video option in iChat AV (it did before Tiger). Anyway, I'm happy to say it works in Final Cut 3 again and is showing up as a video option in all my video apps across the board. Could it be that it also works for all those folks out there trying to make it work with iMovie 5, etc.? If you haven't already, download 10.4.4 and those of you attempting to use your box with iMovie 5, let us all know if it works. I'd be very interested to find out since this box was once pitched to everyone by Apple as a way to input your analog video.

Hope this works for everyone!

Back