FireWire MicroNet SANcube Disk

Vocal Velocity

Registered
At start up, my SANcube Mounts the volumes in succession, with (accordiing to Super Get Info, BatChmod, and Xray) all access priviledges to me the Admin user in the unknown group. Yet I can not do anything! No file movement, folder creation, etc...
Ignore Priviledges is grayed on and volume locked according to Xray. I have gone to the terminal, su as root and changed the group recursively to a differant group. I have assigned myself to the group. chown, chgrp, chmod, nothing works. Everytime, it reports that the file system is read only. Any one have an idea on how to make the neccessary changes.

:confused:
I have been able to change all the owner and group to the proper user and group. All the permissions say I should have read/write/exe on all files and folders. But the volumes still say they are read only.
When I do a sudo chmod -R Volumes I get readonly returned on everything.
I have used Xray, Batchmod, Super Get Info, all are able to change the file and folder owners and groups and thier permissions. Again, the Volumes remain locked in a Read Only permission.
I guess my question is: On mounting the volumes at startup, how does one assign them to a particular owner and group?

Only thing I can think of is the filesystem type may be one not fully supported by OS X yet. Some of my DVD-RAM discs were originally formatted UDF, which was read-only on OS X, but read-write on 9. Once I converted them to HFS+, I've been able to use them.

So the question is, do you know what type of filesystem is on the disk? If it is HFS+ (aka Mac OS Extended), then perhaps it is just mounting it read-only for some unknown reason; does

Code:
sudo /sbin/mount -uw /Volumes/volumename

help any (this should remount it read-write, if it is capable)?

If you're unsure of what filesystem type is on the drive, you need to search /var/log/system.log for the mount entry, which should look something like

Code:
Dec 26 19:56:25 nabu /sbin/autodiskmount[104]: disk1s1s2  ???    hfs      no    
no    Starcraft CD     /Volumes/Starcraft CD

(this is, obviously, the Starcraft CD; note the 'hfs' in it, that's the field you want).

After digging through the manual for Mount I found this:

-r The file system is to be mounted read-only. Mount the file sys-
tem read-only (even the super-user may not write it). The same
as the ``rdonly'' argument to the -o option.

So that explains alot of my problems.

blb, as to your suggestions, the volumes are Mac OS Extended (hfs). Being mounted from drivers /dev/disk2s6, FireWire MicroNet SANcube Disk

> ls -la Volumes
total 1488595533692928
drwxrwxrwt 6 root wheel 160 Dec 27 20:58 .
drwxrwxr-t 71 root admin 2370 Dec 25 15:10 ..
dr-xr-xr-x 2 unknown unknown 4488 Dec 27 20:58 Audio CD
drwxrwxrwx 33 brandonc unknown 1078 Dec 25 15:04 SANcube Volume1
drwxrwxrwx 15 brandonc unknown 466 Dec 25 15:04 SANcube Volume2
drwxrwxrwx 22 brandonc unknown 704 Dec 25 15:04 SANcube Volume3

Now I am off to find out where, when and how these volumes get mounted automatically and see if there is a way to change that procedure.

Again thanks blb

amended:

> sudo autodiskmount -v
DiskDev Type FileSys Fixed Write Volume Name Mounted On
disk0s9 ??? hfs yes yes Encoded /
disk4 ??? cddafs no no Audio CD /Volumes/Audio CD
disk3s6 ??? hfs yes no SANcube Volume3 /Volumes/SANcube Volume3
disk1s6 ??? hfs yes no SANcube Volume2 /Volumes/SANcube Volume2
disk2s6 ??? hfs yes no SANcube Volume1 /Volumes/SANcube Volume1

autodiskmount -v reveals that the Volumes are not writeable

Ok I think I got this figured out:
edit the etc/fstab.hd